Monday, December 19, 2011

To: Harriet

This poem is dedicated to @cmdemichele. It is about the pigeon who lives outside my bedroom window.

Every morning I wake up to your coo, coo, coo
Dearest pigeon, is that all you know how to do?
I'm sure you are also covering my fire escape with poo

I once had a rooster, too
He also woke me up every morning, but not like you
Harriet, if you are not silent, I will be forced to shoot you

No pigeons were harmed in the writing of this poem.

I actually have grown to love Harriet dearly. If you must know why I named her that, it's because I believe that she is spying on me through my window. If you don't get that reference you should probably be reading a different blog.

One day I will post a picture of her, but it's difficult as she hates paparazzi.

No comments:

Post a Comment